Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"I'm mot runk!"

I heard the clink of many bottles, I look up to see a young lady with her body smushed up against a display of Jose Cuervo. She stumbles away from the display as if running into never happened and says to me "Do do you have Everglo?" Now she could of been trying to say Everclear which is a grain alcohol, or she really wanted Everglo which is a tequila/vodka liquor that glows in the dark and tastes like ...something that would glow in the dark. Anyway I said "No, we haven't had that in a long time." "OOh to bad." she said and sorta of stumble her way down an isle away from me.

The boss just happened to walking by and followed her and gave me the eye to watch the cameras. I heard him ask her if he could help her find something but she keep saying "I'm ust oooking" and walked really fast up and down our 5 isles of liquor, back and forth. The boss was walking along the end of the isle to watch her but she kept moving. She couldn't walk straight and couldn't stand still without swaying. She was just a drunk mess.

Finally she picks up a bottle of green apple pucker and shoves it in her small purse, it's bottle neck was sticking out and she tried to cover it with her arm. The boss says "Now put the back miss and leave my store." Shaking his head in disappoint at her. "Put what back?" He pointed to the bottle neck sticking out, "Oh I was gonna pay for that, I ave money, I can't carry it, I have back problems." She started to walk pass him but he grabbed the neck of the bottle and pulled out the bottle, "Leave now" he said. She heads towards the door and stops to look at us wonderful cashiers and says "Sooooo you won't wait on someone with back problems!! I have money!" as she stumbles into our shopping carts and then has to hold on to them to keep herself from falling. "You have had enough already, bye miss" the boss said. "Huuh, I'm not runk.....  FUCK YOU!" she says as she fumbles for the door. "You too!" I yell back. "Hmmph" I heard as she left.

We watched her make her way to car parked at the end of the lot. If she was driving the cops were going to be called but she was a passenger. I felt sorry for the driver.

Alrightly, now it's illegal to sell to someone who is clearly already drunk, but they are allowed to be high, or stoned, tweaked, it doesn't matter as long as you're not drunk. When someone is drunk they don't want to hear the word "no", being denied something is worth destroying something, a bottle maybe, a shelf maybe, some one's face maybe. We usually let them wonder the isles until they slip up on their own such as stealing, or almost knocking something over, or asking another customer for a kiss, or yelling. Giving them a reason for being kicked out is better, then they feel more like the badass they really are...

No comments:

Post a Comment