So I ignore you during your whole transaction. I say your total very loudly. If you take too long to get your money out because you are trying to hold your phone I'll push your stuff aside and wait on the next customer. I do not make eye contact with you because you might want something else and try to point at the massive wall of pints and halves behind me that you want or even try to mouth the words of something. If you want something else you are going to have to speak to me like a human being.
Here are some options that you should do if you are in a store and your cell phone rings
- Hit the silent button and do not answer it
- Go outside
- Answer and say to the caller: "I'm in a store I'll call you back in 1 minute" or even "Hold on a minute
- On the phone the whole time while in the store
- Drop things because they can't hold a case of beer and a phone at the same time
- Tell the person they are talking to "Sorry I'm at the counter" (they should be apologizing to me)
- Point to things they want
- Try to whisper or mouth the words of a Half Pint of Popov
- Talk way to loud and make it hard for me to hear anyone
- Talk about things I do not want to know about
- Are way too slow
I'm planning on solving this pet peeve by ordering a hand held cell phone jammer. Takes 30 days to ship but I believe it's worth the wait. You can walk into the store while on your phone, but don't even try to approach my counter.