Sunday, January 9, 2011

How muh dis is?

AKA 'How much is this?' to people who know how to talk. I hear 'how muh dis is?' way too much. The only things in the store that don't wear a price sticker is beer and that's only because the coolers have the prices listed above each cooler door. Either look at the sticker or the list, it's really not hard to do.

There are the idiots who stand in the middle of the store and yell towards me things they want and before they go get, they want to know how much it is...  I find this rude because they are yelling, eirther walk closer towards me or go find out for yourself. Well I sure as shit don't know every price in the store. Ever since the invention of the computer I haven't had to memorize any prices and yes, sadly I worked here for about 4ish years without a scanner on the register and I knew all the prices of every beer in the store. It was insane knowledge to have.

Most of the time I hear 'how muh dis is?' as the person puts their stuff on the counter. Sometimes I ignore them until I'm finished ringing them up and then sometimes I say "Hmm maybe I should ring it up."

Since most of the customers have poor speech, I try to make a few feel at home by saying "Ya gotcha ID on ya?"

No comments:

Post a Comment